|Dear Morton Families,
As we finish the final week of this academic year, thank you for your support during such a uniquely challenging time. Your partnership in student learning is more important than ever. If you are returning to Omaha Public Schools, disregard this memo. This information is only for those students who are leaving Omaha Public Schools.
Technology / Equipment / Materials Return
To limit traffic and prioritize health and safety, we only ask that students who will not return to the Omaha Public School district in the fall to return items checked out from school. If your student is transferring to another OPS school or moving on to high school, nothing needs to be returned at this time.
Items to return:
· OPS issued HP Streamlaptop
· HP Stream Charger
· Library books and textbooks
· Music Instrument
If your student has items checked out from school and they will return to the district this fall, we will coordinate the return of materials in the fall. Students are encouraged to be very careful and cautious with the devices and any other OPS materials they have over the summer.
For the Health and Safety of All
· Technology / Equipment / Materials return will follow a drive-through format.
· Students and families will not come into the school. Use the Bus Lane out in front of Morton.
· Students and families are to remain in their vehicles.
· Staff will be wearing masks and gloves and will approach your vehicle. Please do not get out of the vehicle.
· If you or someone in your home is ill, do not visit the school. Contact Morton for alternate options.
· Morton students not returning to an OPS school in the fall will receive a call/email to arrange a time to visit Morton.
Summer Learning Materials
· Students should take at least 30 minutes every day to read. Our Summer Reading Challenge is back, so make sure to log that time here: https://district.ops.org/ABOUTOPS/SummerReading.aspx#103181328-current-progress.
· To keep students engaged through the summer, learning resources will continue to be available online. You can find that information here: https://libguides.ops.org/athome.
Please contact us by email with any questions you may have.
Dr. Kimberly Jackson, Principal, Kimberly.Jackson@ops.org
Mrs. Julie Gall, Asst. Principal, Julie.Gall@ops.org
Mr. Paul Zulkosky, Asst. Principal, Paul.Zulkosky@ops.org